Last Thursday, June 22nd 2017, the biannual Event of the SAS (Spanish Architects Society) was held in Shanghai.
From 2:00 Pm the Forum under the theme “New ideas for New challenges” condensed 6 talks from Spanish and Chinese professionals, and was followed by a Networking session in which the professional attendees interacted while having a degustation.
Both, the Lectures and the Design Fiesta, took place in the atrium hall at the Cimen International Brand Center of Decoration Materials, thanks to the cooperation of:
- Our co-organizer, JiaFangYiFangWang.
- Exhibitors: Cosentino, Isaval and Compac.
- Sponsors: Chao Gan Guan, Smartcommunication, Roca and Linkes,
- Spanish Architects: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos, Burgos & Garrido Arquitectos Asociados, Beautell Arquitectos, CRG Architects, Latitude, LAR (Laboratorio de Arquitectura Responsable), Blank Exhibitions
- Chinese Architects: DLG International Design, Vage China and Hezhan Design & Construction.
Around 400 professionals, between architects, designers, building material vendors, personalities from the construction industry, and institutional representatives share whit us this networking day, which lasted until 10:00 Pm.
The opening ceremony had Marta Gomez (SAS Event Director), Freda Huang (JiaFangYiFangWang) Alfonso Noriega and Arturo Lanz (ICEX) and Yichen Ding (Cimen) interventions.
The first FORUM session had Li Changjun (369 Pension Group Chief Designer); Manuel Zornoza (LATITUDE founder) and Selina Lainez Franch and Alejandro Gómez Terol (Anken Group Architects) as speakers; who shared the details about their lasts projects and the way those integrate within the urban context.
The second session counted with a lecture about Heritage Architecture, by Placido Gonzalez (Tongji University CAUP Associate Professor and Executive Editor of Built Heritage Journal); Tian Tao (UR Work Development Director) presenting their strategies with co-working spaces; and Huang Shuo (Harbour Apartment Design Director) introducing the new living spaces approach.
Once the Forum had concluded, the SAS awards ceremony paid recognition to projects and practices and their contribution to the promotion of the Spanish “know how” in Architecture, with the following categories:
- Spanish architect best trajectory: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Institution in china: Sino-Spanish campus.
- Best completion effect: DLG international design, Angsana resort town, Fuxian lake.
- Best innovative design: EMBT campus of Fudan school of management – Shanghai.
- Best cultural project: Nieto y Sobejano Architects Sciences Museum Guangzhou
Finally, a casual raffle was held to reward attendees some gifts, prior to the start of the Networking Closing Party.